Wednesday, February 4, 2009

You don't get much news while sipping on rum and flirting with beautiful island women but did I hear President Obama actually admit to making a mistake with Tom Daschle? He actually took the blame for something. I was going to call him out on this decision too but now I don't have to. How many times did George Bush do that? I was so impressed at the fact he actually took responsibility that I was going to end my mental vacation early but then I read this.............

I might extend my vacation another month.

3 comments:

Leigh C. said...

I think I just might join you. I love the beach.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

been trying to tell folk dont belive the hype he black but the repubs and dems in the same gang. he said no lobbiest in his cab - but all 17 today are former lobbiest

Bella Noire said...

I don't think all dems and repubs are in the gang. Many of them are but I really think some of the leadership really want to push for concrete change.

I do believe that Obama is too idealistic in his desire to do away with old government. I don't think it works that way because there's only so many major players in DC that would be able to take over key roles in administration. Unfortunately many of those folks happen to be lobbyist. I think it's not as important to know what they did as what they intend to do with their knowledge base and regulate what they can do with their experience during and after their white position.

I think it's too early to count Obama out just yet. The man isn't going to be perfect but I do think he has a genuine desire for progress and positive impact on the lives of everyday American. Will he be able to impact EVERYONE's life? Not all, but if he can make things a little better that would be great.

I think we always need to be critical of our leadership but picking at stuff that does not affect the bottom line isn't going to help either.