- If anybody reading this knows a way to kick a ten cup a day coffee addiction please let me know. I can't believe I drink this much coffee when I don't even have to get up that early like I used to.
- How do you lose 400 tons of explosives in a war zone? Somebody has to start getting fired or demoted for this kind of stuff. It's no surprise that soldiers don't want to go on certain missions around Iraq. How come Bush never admits to any mistake? I honestly think he felt the war was the right move at the time he decided to go but now he can't possibly believe that everything we did was right.
- Bush is up by over 20 points in Louisiana. Nevertheless, I have to vote or die like the slogan says. I just think it's totally ludicrous that a candidate can lose the popular vote and still be president. We have to get some other choices to vote for. There has to be enough unsatisfied people in this country to develop at least two more parties. Variety of choice is always a good thing.
- How can a house be running as a meeting place for drug addicts for years in a working class neighborhood and nobody say nothing? It's even worse that the state representative lives right behind the house. I am ashamed of my old neighborhood. You can't complain when something happens if you have a drug club open in your block and never call the police to report it.
- Every public school I went to in this city is failing and their scores are getting worse. It's amazing that I can type this post on my own. If we don't get this school thing working better, people are never coming home.
- I watched and listened to Red Sox fans this morning and I must say that it was actually kind of heart warming. I know what it feels like to route for a losing team. The relief they must feel has to be great. I can only imagine what it will feel like to see the Saints lineup introduced at the SuperBowl. Of course, that probably won't happen until I am 95 and suffering from severe dementia so lets just forget it. I can almost picture my great grandchildren touching the rails of my hospital bed saying "great grandpa, wake up. They finally made it out of the second round of the playoffs" and my pacemaker exploding.
Thursday, October 28, 2004
Thoughts from a Hot Office
Wednesday, October 27, 2004
Red Sox Win!
Thank goodness this is over. Now we can focus on football and the Saints breaking their curse. I have a question. Can you really call Boston cursed? Celtics, Patriots, Bruins, all had championships. Even the Red Sox have been to the World Series before. I couldn't feel sorry for them. Try one playoff win in 37 years.
Thursday, October 21, 2004
Am I an addict?
Wednesday, October 20, 2004
I'm still suffering from writer's block but I have a few things on my mind I want to put down.
I have got to stop drinking 10 cups of coffee a day. This is really not healthy.
I can't believe the Yankees are choking. Personally, I'm not pulling for either team when the World Series starts but Schilling pitched 7 innings on one good leg and the other one bleeding. You have to respect that even if you don't follow baseball. I personally wished neither one would have made it because they are going to dominate sports the whole week. The only good thing is that the two franchises really don't like another and that is always good entertainment.
Everybody keeps screaming get out the vote but if your state is pretty much decided in the race for president, your vote is just symbolic. The electoral college is the most outdated system.
I saw the Marlon Gusman commercial for sherriff last night. It has the family of Victor Gant's murdered girlfriend on it blaming Warren Riley for not protecting her. That is a serious commercial. They are basically saying Riley knew she was going to get killed and didn't do anything. If that's true, why would he run for office anyway. Also, I can't stand Marlon Gusman because he represents the old mind state or New Orleans politics. I guess I won't be voting for any of them.
Tuesday, October 19, 2004
Tuesday's Just as Bad
I'm trying to work a full week without leaving early to have a beer at the lounge down the street or taking a three hour lunch break but it's hard. The least they could do is let me log into Yahoo or Aol to pass the time. The firewall won't let me so I am stuck sitting here staring at people walking up Canal St. What a way to spend 40 hours out of the week.
Monday, October 18, 2004
I think it's time for everyone that is a fan of the Saints to admit the truth. The Saints offense has to play a perfect game in order for this team to win. Brooks threw and intercept but so did Culpepper. The difference is that the Vikings at least made us punt a few times while we let them do anything they wanted to on offense. This is the story of the season. We have no defense at all. We can't make a playoff run if we can't take away one thing from any team we play. I say we win about 4 more games and finish 6-10.
HOW IN THE HELL IS BUSH UP BY 8 POINTS. John Kerry is blowing it. I can't believe that the majority of Americans want to continue with four more years of the same thing.
Thursday, October 14, 2004
BET Pulls Eminem Video
Wednesday, October 13, 2004
Get Well Uncle Leroy
Monday, October 11, 2004
Friday, October 8, 2004
Thursday, October 7, 2004
When Da MC's Came to Live Out Da Name
This was supposed to be the opening to my top ten list. You will not see a top ten list here. Lately I have been trying to rekindle my fire for hip hop and have been listening to lots of old and new material. I have realized that I can't make this list and hold it to only ten. I also can't decide who's number one. Ice Cube was always my favorite during my teens but lately his music has slipped. Tupac was my favorite in my early 20's. Mos Def is my favorite right now and KRS 1 is probably better than all of them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love too many MC's to rank them at all so for now we are scrapping that list.
Wednesday, October 6, 2004
Dick Cheney is one scary dude. I watched the debate last night and if you think I want him to be president if something happens to Bush you are crazy. If he is ever sworn in, a brother is going to need to learn to tap dance. He has mastered the art of looking so serious that even if it's proven that he lied it still looks honest.
There's a report out this morning that Saddam hasn't had any weapons programs since 1998. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6188101/. Shouldn't this be the winning report for John Kerry. It doesn't matter if he was given wrong information or not. Bush has to stand up and be accountable for telling lies to the American public to get support for a war that was his personal agenda. Stop sending Colin and Condelezza out there to do what you should be doing yourself.
Cheney mentioned during the debate last night that he didn't know black women had the highest rate of new AIDS cases in America. Shouldn't the second man in charge of the country know when a section of the population is getting a deadly disease at an alarming rate?
Message to ESPN.........Thanks for putting Mike and Mike on in the morning as a TV show but please get rid of Dream Job. I can't stand shows where you compete to win a job doing something other people have worked their asses off for years to get.
I want to send a special thanks to VH1 for making the hip hop history documentary. You actually included graffiti and breakdancing and gave those old pioneers a chance to get some shine on national TV. The first two episodes have been great and you guys dug up some nice footage of underground performances. Episode 2 with Run DMC made me kind of sad. You know they are never going to perform again since the Jam Master is deceased. Black on black crime is a bitch.
Note to Shell.........If Byron Scott doesn't want the personal trainers at practice then why in the hell did Baron Davis and Jamal Magloire bring them? You see why people are starting to hate NBA players.
I'm coming back this evening with my 10 mc's list. Also I am finally going to get rid of all my old and scratched CD's to start my collection all over again. That is sure to be an emotional experience. I'm outta here with a Rest in Peace to Rodney Dangerfield. You will finally get some respect.
Tuesday, October 5, 2004
- Hello Fall weather! I am so happy to see you because I am tired of sweating all the time. I hope this last for awhile.
- There's allot of stress involved when a new guy starts at your job and makes more money than you. Being a black professional is a hard hustle.
- Cheney vs. Edwards tonight..............who cares what the vice president thinks.
- We should care because Cheney really runs the White House along with Rumsfeld so everyone should pay attention this evening.
- Brooks and Grant fighting on the plane. That was great. The rest of the team should have been fighting too after that performance. Somebody should be fighting Haslett.
- Baseball Note: Sammy Sosa has done so much for that team and it's a damn shame people are treating him like a second rate player. Dusty Baker never liked him anyway.
- Baseball Note 2: World Series Pick is Angels vs. Astros.
- Is the truancy department of New Orleans working yet? There are kids walking up and down Canal St. all day long like it's summer time.
- Am I the only one happy that Shyne's album isn't selling http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2748. This just goes to show you that just because you go to jail or get shot, you still have to put out some quality material in order to sell.
- Method Man is upset about the direction of his show.http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2725 Didn't he read the script to beging with. That show was bad from day one.
- Why can't anyone involved with rap put out anything worthy of quality entertainment without being foolish. Everybody has to be in a strip club or the project. We wonder why people stereotype us in roles like that. There are millions of hard working, everyday black people that get up early, pay bills and support their children. This is the most under recognized section of the population. The media either focuses on the millionaires or the welfare recipients. No one cares about the people in the middle. No wonder I children have such low self esteem.