Friday, January 30, 2009

Peace to Mr. Cerasoli

I think Robert Cerasoli had the best intentions when he took the job of Inspector General. I am sorry to see that he had to step down. I think once everyone really got a chance to know him outside of being pulled in every direction between the mayor’s office, the city council and the media they would have learned that he actually had no agenda at all besides trying to help the citizens do the right thing for themselves. I’m sorry he wasn’t feeling well enough to stick around. I hope the next inspector applies the same outlook that Mr. Cerasoli expressed here and here. I also hope that everyone would just be quiet, let the new person do their job and stop stirring up emotions on either side. The end result should be about the numbers and making sure our tax dollars aren’t being wasted. Let’s get the information out there and then we can form opinions after that. No one that I know is living that great in this city to dismiss what the inspector general can provide. We should be welcoming someone to take a look at things. I mean, all you have to do is ride around the city and know that something isn’t right. It may not be criminal or underhanded but even the things with good intentions haven’t worked out the right way. I realize some people have a vested interest in keeping things the same but personally I am tired of feeling like my local government can’t do the right thing on my behalf. I wish Mr. Cerasoli well with his health issues and hope we find someone with the same good intentions.

1 comment:

E.J. said...

He will be sorely missed.

Please God, take me instead! Take me!! *sobbing*