Monday, March 23, 2009

Long Mondays Make Me Talk Crazy

Ladies and gentlemen, I can't think about anything long enough to write it down and that's beautiful. At least I think it is. It could mean that I have finally shut down mentally and can no longer come up with any ideas of substance. It could be the tap water I am drinking from the lake that is seasoned with waste from unlocked business trucks with the keys inside. It could be the extra pollen in the air from springtime. I don't know if that's making my mind clearer but my eyes are definitely burning. Between the allergies in the spring and hurricane season during the summer, it's amazing that I hate winter so much. I would probably have no stress and full lung function if I just moved to Canada. They would probably send me back to New Orleans though once I drunk up all their beer and told them I don't like hockey.

I need to change my style from a long winded blogger to nice, short and to the point posts. I'm either going to do that or just start posting video and audio clips with no explanation. Here's a quick story from the weekend..........

Sometimes things happen to you during the day that make you feel good but have absolutely no impact on your life. I was coming out of McDonald's drive through Saturday after picking up some happy meals. There was a really fly sister in a convertible Corvette. She looked like one of those sisters that be at the basketball games trying to get an NBA player's attention. While I was at the redlight struggling to put straws in apple juice packs she blew her horn and waved at me. Now folks, I don't know if she was just showing respect for my daddy skills or she was really digging my new goatee look. It really doesn't matter. All I know is that woman had an eye for quality. Lucky for everyone I know that I am a humble man and things like a model looking sister blowing at me at the stoplight won't fill me with all the extra ego that I already have but try to pretend I don't. I would become one of those obnoxious guys that wear sunshades at night and indoors and start referring to myself in the third person like "Excuse me everybody, The Cliff needs another drink". I would punch myself in the face.

I'm going to chill out and listen to Ceelo. Have a great Tuesday.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, the sister was right -- you rock. So put your bad shades on and tell everyone else to shut the f-- up. And get The Cliff another brew.

Jeffrey said...

Haha--good stuff, Cliff. Sometimes we just need posts (and days) like this, right? Like you said, springtime is a great time of the year here...

Now where's the lady giving me my nod?

Leigh C. said...

Well, all RIGHT!

That is one way to have a great day.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

it happens to us all folk