Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Got Some New Pets for The Weekend


It was a great weekend. I actually did things outside of the house Saturday and Sunday. I forgot how draining that is. The highlight of the weekend was buying a new fish tank. I will only discuss the tank for now because my initial fish are kind of boring but this represents the first post Katrina pets. We started off with some fish that didn’t cost so much because I haven’t had a tank in a few years and you don’t want to kill fifty dollars of fish on the first try. I never publicly apologized to my two fish Big Blue and Tupac that I left behind during evacuation. Sorry guys but I wouldn’t have had anywhere to put you for a month or longer anyway. Knowing how it feels to leave things like your fish behind is why I never got another tank but part of life is having and doing things you like and I really like having fish. It's only been a day and I already want a bigger tank.

Maybe one day I will work my way back up to the emotional attachment of owning a dog again. I love dogs but losing one of them is almost like losing a relative. I have had about ten dogs since I was a little boy and every time one dies it sucks. I think I will wait a few more years before I get another one. The fish will have to do for now.

I sat here for the longest time trying to come up with a song representing fish and I couldn’t come up with anything. Luckily my vast knowledge and love of bad comedy movies kicked in and I found a backup. In recognition of my new pets, please enjoy the Wheel of Fish.


1 comment: