Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Father's Day



There is nothing wrong with saying I love you to your children all the time.

Being a good daddy sometimes means putting yourself last.

Once you have kids, you can’t disappear at the first sign of trouble.

There is never a reason to make it okay for your kids to disrespect their mama.

Playing with baby dolls and drinking out a toy tea cup doesn’t make you a punk.

When it’s all said and done, your children will remember your time you spent way more than they remember the money you spent.

Any man that doesn’t do the right thing for their children should hold their manhood cheaper than the rest of us.

You are your daughter's first example of how a man is supposed to treat her.

Your son's first example of how a man is supposed to act.

A real man may have to do things for people during his lifetime without any recognition and that has to be ok.

We live in a world where kids from my generation and younger have had to deal with all the issues of trying to reconcile the issues of not having their dads. They lack of that figurehead has scarred our community to a critical level. I am proud to say that I have never had this problem for even one day. There are many great men and great fathers out there. I would like to thank God for giving me one of the best. If my kids ever think I am half of the man my daddy is then that means I did a damn good job.


Fellas,
We talk a lot of trash about how fly we are. The truth of the matter is if your kids don’t think you are the greatest thing next to God himself you are not doing something right. Even if they never express it that should be your goal everyday.
Happy Father’s Day to all the cats doing the right thing or giving all they have to make it right.
We all deserve one day to get the props we deserve.

No comments: