Thursday, December 1, 2005

Mind Blowing Volume 24




If anyone thought that George Bush was going to pull troops out of Iraq early his speech yesterday put all that speculation to rest. The man told you that he was going to win no matter what. The only people winning at the moment is the terrorists and Haliburton. The troops could win if they didn't have to guess who's the enemy and who's not. I will be glad when those kids get to come home and let the inevitable civil war in that country start. How do all the soldiers from New Orleans feel right now. They are working to bring new lives to the Iraqi people and their own government is giving them lip service about their own city right now. It's going to be rough for people like Lil Ronald who was over in Iraq dodging roadside bombs while his grandmother's house was being moved a block away from where it was supposed to be because a levee designed to hold a category 3 storm was broken by a category 3 storm that didn't even make a direct hit. I wonder how the families of the 3 soldiers from that neighborhood that have been killed in Iraq must feel now. "Thank you for your son's service and his ultimate sacrifice in fighting this war. Now get out of the way why we bulldoze the only home he ever knew and turned this into condominiums and a golf course behind this brand new levee that will be built correctly." God Bless America!

I was going to post the presidents entire speech from Jackson Square here on the blog but it had too many lies in it and I didn't want to piss myself off any more than I am. We give allot of attention to New Orleans because on the gulf coast we are the big dogs but I want to give a shot out to all the people from St. Bernard, Lower Plaquemines, Washington Parish, Pass Christian, Waveland, Gulfport, Biloxi and all the other areas that got the same shit or worse than we did.

Just for the record, I spent 21 years of my life in the Lower Ninth Ward and no one loves the place more than I do. With that being said, I cannot blame one single soul if they choose not to return. The bottom line is that there have been three major storms to hit New Orleans in the last 100 years and each time the Lower Nine has been put under water. There comes a time when you just can't keep putting your family through that shit. My dad has none of his trophies and memories from his childhood after Hurricane Betsy in 1965. Now, none of his kids have any of theirs because of Katrina in 2005. I think we have lost enough including grandma. People will rebuild and nothing is wrong with that either but I am not mad at anyone who doesn't.

FEMA is handing out property checks to compensate people for their losses. I had insurance and my own home so the handout line doesn't include me. Most homeowners that were still paying for their houses are in a situation where we might have to go home eventually just to keep our property. I'm glad my parents and grandparents own their property so they can just wait for the golf course pay off money to come and stay where they are if they choose to. Someone needs to copy and save this next statement for historical record. In two years time, the next chapter of the Katrina experience will begin when all the federal money is gone and that 40 % of the New Orleans population that never worked anyway has to fend for themselves. Whatever city this happens in will be in for a big surprise when they go back to the pre Katrina profession of hustling to make ends meet.

One of the things I get to do since I sit at home all day is watch allot of TV and read allot of magazines and books. I would recommend Micheal Eric Dyson's book "Is Bill Cosby Right?". It's a little old but I thought it was a real thought provoking book. Michael Eric Dyson is a very smart brother. He is the other guy I would invite to sit down and speak with along with Tavis Smiley and Dr. Cornell West. I could have had that kind of knowledge if it wasn't for the gallons and gallons of liquor that killed a portion of my brain cells from 1993-1998. Those five years are considered the dark ages.

No comments: