Monday, December 19, 2005

Looking Forward

I'm looking forward to a healthy year for all my friends and family.
I'm looking forward to no one dying. I need a break to grieve.
I'm looking forward to the little one growing fast.
I'm looking forward to GG being potty trained.
I'm looking forward to going back home and not being scared to sleep.
I'm looking forward to the lives of New Orleanians having as normal everyday life as they can.
I'm looking forward to the citizens of the city coming back and not letting the culture die.
I'm looking forward to stronger levees being built correctly.
I'm looking forward to professional fulfillment.
I'm looking forward to eating crawfish on the lakefront.
I'm looking forward to less reasons to cry.
I'm looking forward to more reasons to smile.
I'm looking forward to Iraq getting their shit together so the troops can come home.
I'm looking forward to responsible city government that actually looks out for the people.
I'm looking forward to no hurricanes bigger than a category 2.
I'm looking forward to none of them hitting New Orleans for another 40 years like before Katrina.
I'm looking forward to no one looting jewelry stores if it does happen.
I'm looking forward to the class action lawsuit against the Corp of Engineers.
I'm looking forward to A Katrina monument for the victims right in front of city Hall.
I'm looking forward to a whole day when I don't even think of August 29, 2005.
I'm looking forward to something bringing our people together other than a natural disaster.
I'm looking forward to pretending to diet and ending up the same size in the beginning of 2007.
I'm looking forward to no one black doing anything that will make me put my head down in shame.
I'm looking forward to going to a Saints game in the dome at least one more time.
I'm looking forward to me, Big Dave,and Tate performing our Friday night potion ritual at least one time somewhere in this world.
I'm looking forward to just being comfortable somewhere again.
I'm looking forward to living, loving and laughing again the way Cliff likes to do it.

No comments: