Monday, June 16, 2008

Back To Normal

Well, it’s a new week. The family is gone and I am back to being the lone non refugee family member from the Lower Ninth Ward St. Claude Harris contingent. It was good to have most of them here but now it’s back to the daily grind. The first day at work after a vacation is rough. It’s even tougher when you didn’t rest at all. You need a vacation to get over the vacation. I can’t quite figure out if everyone in my office was happy to see me or did they just know I was the one who wouldn’t say no to anything and spend all day working on their issues. Either way I was glad to be back in the office to start compiling more vacation time. If you think you don’t have enough to do at work just let it pile up for a week and reality will hit you soon enough. Do you know how hard it is to follow Tiger Woods in a playoff round of golf when you trying to return phone calls and emails?

I also got to go back to the park today and start working out again. This has become the highlight of my day since I started getting into 2X shirts again. There’s a coach who is also a personal trainer at the park. The cat keeps hounding me. He wants to train me. He doesn’t bother anyone else at the park but me. I keep feeling like we are in one of those corny sports movies where the washed up athlete befriends the well meaning coach and ends up running a race or something at the end of the movie. I hate to inform coach of this but my corns and bunions hurt so bad after I leave the park, if he tries to make me run one sprint I am immediately going to my truck, driving to the service station across the street and buying an ice cold beer. I understand he probably sees the potential in my frame but you are not going to have me in foot surgery in a few years so you can brag to your trainer friends. I promised I would do some abs work with him tomorrow. He’s lucky it’s close to the Essence Festival and I want to wear a red see through body shirt.

Another thing that bothers me about the park is this dog situation. I realize we live in a country of dog lovers. I love dogs too. Some of you think your pets think like you do. Everyday there is a some one with a big ass rottweiler or German shepherd playing fetch in the grass without a leash while all these people are walking and running around. I realize Fluffy has never bitten anyone but Fluffy’s ass is 100 pounds of muscle and can chase down a car at 35 miles an hour. Just remember, Siegfried and Roy owned that tiger since it was a kitten but when it’s pride kicked in it didn’t hesitate to take a chunk out of one of them.

Now that things are back to normal, I can get back to worrying about stuff like bills, and wondering where my stimulus check is and why I have no Roots tickets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A red see through body shirt? Sounds trendy. You know they were giving away Roots tickets on the radio? I tried to win some but had no luck. Guess you won't be doing the crescent city road race or the crescen city fall classic huh? Maybe your new trainer can get you ready or those races.