Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Voices..........Da Ladies


It's time for another one of my list again. I am going to give you my top ten singers, male and female. The only rule to make this list is that you have to really be able to sing. Race and type of music don't matter. You just have to sound good. I am going to give the singer and my favorite song from that person. Since I am a gentleman, ladies are first. These are in no particular order except for number one.

1. Aretha Franklin , "Angel" - That song is the bomb. She is the bomb. There is no comparison to her at all and no one better say there is.

2. Whitney Houston, "I have Nothing" - She was my favorite singer until she married Bobby Brown.

3. Etta James, "At Last"- She is powerful.

4. Billie Holiday, "God Bless the Child" - Classic

5. Gladys Knight, "If I were your Woman" - I should have made Gladys 1A.

6. Natalie Cole, "Keeping a Light"- I should have made Natalie 1B.

7. Teena Marie, "Alladin's Lamp" - I didn't know she was white until I was 13.

8. Lalah Hathaway, "When your Life was Low" - This lady should be famous because she blows my mind. Even if she wasn't that good she might make the list just because she's Donny's daughter. Yes, I have been exposed as the president of the Lalah Fan Club and I am proud!

9. Chaka Khan, "Through the Fire" - If anybody that really knows me reads this, they would know this list would not be real if she wasn't on it.

10. Anita Baker, "Fairytales" - You can't go wrong with Anita


I just want you guys to know how hard it was to keep Erykah Badu, Norah Jones (that's right Norah Jones!) and Angela Bofill of the list. You can only have ten. Patti Labelle didn't make it but I had to keep her off because Lalah Hathaway had to get on.


Up Next......................the Men.
Posted by Hello

No comments: