Thursday, February 3, 2005

The president made his state of the union address last night. Since I knew he wasn't going to say anything that I wanted to hear, I didn't even watch it. We already knew what he was going to say. It's pretty much more of the same from him. Even if you don't agree with him, you have to admit he's pretty consistent. He doesn't change his mind even when it's clear he is way off base. I live in the hood which means that most of his agenda will always leave me on the short end of the stick anyway. That's usually the case with national politics. Why does everyone in the room stand and applaud whenever the president says something during the speech anyway? That just makes him think he has the right idea. Everybody stood up and applauded when he said Saddam had 8000 lbs of poison gas and you see what that led to.

As far as social security is concerned, you can't trust private enterprise with something that serious. I don't want to invest my money and watch people skim off the top and make themselves rich for the next 40 years until I can get it. Who's going to determine where the money is invested? I bet you all of the investment companies will be located in Houston and Dallas. It all seems like a money scheme to me.

It's good to see that New Orleans set a tourism record last year. I have one question. Where in the hell is all that money going?

Tom Benson bought a big ass boat the same year the state gave him 12 million dollars. It's stupid stuff like this that moves the team closer to becoming the Los Angeles Diablos. I always wonder how some of the people from this area ever became rich being as stupid as they are.



No comments: