Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentines Day........A Man's Nightmare

I'm not a man that doesn't believe in love. Love is great. It's good when you have someone to share your dreams and experiences with. However, this Valentine's Day thing has got to be stopped. The marketing community of this country has laid it on so thick that guys are out here today spending their last 20 dollars on balloons and a card. There are tables all over the city full of baskets containing stuff your girlfriend doesn't need or really want. People actually woke up this morning thinking that if they don't get anything today from thier mate that the person doesn't love them or care. How stupid is that. It's crazy if you don't do anything for the person for 364 days, show up on the 14th of Feburary with a box of nasty candy, and everything is forgiven. I saw a Zales commercial where the sister is crying after receiving earings from her boyfriend. That's more pressure than the Lexus commercials at Christmas. I think it's time for men to take a stand against Valentine's Day and show that one day isn't all that important. The 14th of Feburary shouldn't be the do or die day for your relationship. Now, I am outta here. I have to go find one of those stands with the baskets and balloons before it gets too late. I never said I was going to start the revolution today.

No comments: