Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Mind Blowin Volume 20

On Thursday this bloc will be a full year old. I have to say it's been very therapeutic. I can actually look back and examine exactly where my mind was during certain times through the year and it might scare the hell out of me. I have truly been twisted during the past 365 days but I think I handled it pretty good. No one got shot and I didn't overdose so it couldn't have been that bad.

I think today I had the funniest and most black thing to happen to me in a long time. I went to get gas at lunch time and was talking with the lady in front of me about the prices. We both noticed the look on the guys face at the third pump that only had enough to get two dollars of glass in his truck to get to work with. Realizing that I only was saving my extra 1.50 for a cup of coffee, I gave the brother my caffeine money and the young lady did what she could so the man could get enough to drive to work and back. Times are getting rough when black people are being their brother's keeper just to get two gallons of gas. I could almost hear the theme from Good Times playing in the background.


I need to document this so I have it on record for evidence. If my eyes keep getting worse, back continues to hurt and this carpal tunnel syndrome gets to the point where I can barely hold a fork in my hand to feed myself, I am going to sue Yahoo, Black Planet, Microsoft, and Blogger for finding a way to make it a necessity for me to log into a computer somewhere everyday of my life from now on. The internet is sucking the life out of my people skills. No wonder my charisma is getting weak. All I do is type what I have to say all day and rarely talk. Starting next week, I am going to just go hang out at the free clinics, libraries, and DMV and just strike up conversations with strangers all day to get some real conversation. All I need to do is come up with a username and an alias as I'm ready to go.

I hate naming names in the blog when I am about to make fun of somebody. Since I know this person probably will never see this I am going to write it anyway. This is dedicated to my homeboy Louis I saw yesterday for the first time in years. Now I love running into any old friends from my childhood and teenage years and I was happy to see Lou alive and kicking. However, if you are 30 years old and over your identity should be defined by something more recent than your 8th grade football team. As a matter of fact, the following things should give you pride and memories but not be your reason for living.

High School Bands
Flag Girl Teams
Fraternities if you have been out of college more than 10 years
Sororities if you have been out of college more than 10 years
Little League Football
4 H Club
Any group that was called a crew, posse, or mob back in the hood.

If you are still wearing a jacket, hat, or t-shirt for any of these groups and it's not a reunion, you need to re-evaluate your life and find out what's the problem.

1 comment:

Book said...

I might be a coach now. :)