Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Working Through The Shut Down


 
 
 
I’ve sitting at my desk today trying to determine if its worst to be furloughed because the government shut down or to work for two weeks and find out you can’t get paid because someone involved in the process has been furloughed. I guess it doesn’t matter since everyone ends up struggling. I already have a few friends sitting at home today. I’m hoping I don’t soon have to join them until this shutdown is over. There are so many public and private sector jobs and programs that help people tied into the government that it’s amazing that a shutdown would even be an option.  Maybe it’s one of those things I don’t have time to read up on and understand properly. It seems to me like the potential for the country to go into a tailspin is so high that no one would even think about doing it. We had two wars at the same time and almost went broke trying to pay for them. I never heard of any opponent of war talk about shutting down the government. Now it’s been done behind health insurance.
The confusing part is that most of the new healthcare law appears to be a windfall for insurance companies. Sure they have to work with customers they used to deny coverage for but those people also are going to be paying them and if they don’t make enough to pay the government is going to make up the rest.  I can’t imagine they would have enough of an issue with the law to send their lobbyist to Washington D.C and force anyone to shut down the government for their benefit.  It seems to me that there has already been compromise in passing the law. 
What happened in Congress is the same thing that happens in the streets. When you make bold claims about what you are going to do to get recognition you have to follow through on some of it or you risk looking fake and losing respect. Some of those representatives have been telling their constituents they were going to Washington to shut down Obamacare by any means necessary. They kept saying it even after the Supreme Court upheld the law and the president was reelected.  They had to take it to the extreme and legitimize their position. They couldn’t go back home with the program being rolled out quietly then turn around and ask for campaign funding without taking the most extreme action because districts have been so gerrymandered that there’s someone even crazier than they are willing to do or say anything to go to D.C.

8 comments:

Anita said...

Scurrilous Congress has been the least productive in history, I believe. The good news is that next year's midterm elections give folks a chance to get rid of some of the worst offenders. That's if, of course, the system is not completely gerrymandered.

You haven't posted in a while so I am here to say I hope you and yours are well and that you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May your job hold steady and all your teams win their games.

Virgil C. Mills said...

Thanks a lot of sharing you post here . Like it much .

Unknown said...

Smadav 2019 PC/Laptop/notebook Windows system 32bit/64bit is available for You. Smadav 2019 version Offline Installer after download that can update/install without need connection the internet again.

Robert Smith said...

Thank you so much for providing such a useful content. It was really so nice to getting information. Thanks again

clipping path service said...

So useful post. Thanks for share it.
clipping path service | clipping path

image retouching service said...

its sad
image retouching service

image retouching service

IBR Graphics Studio Blog

clipping path service

TRISHA NELSON said...

HERPES/HIV is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cure through drugs or injections by an American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it,  I have red about DR JAMES the great herbalist doctor who cured me from herpes  with his powerful herbal medicine.  I contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs!After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 4 days i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured!it's really like a dream but I am so happy!   for the people suffering from herpes and other diseases like  Rectum  effects, intestine damage, bowel obstruction, Ovarian disease,  Cancer, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, Arthritis, Lyme disease,Hpv, Infections,Liver Disease, Autoimmune Diseases, Parkinson's disease,Lupus,Nephrology and Hypertension, Neurology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health, Oncology, Pediatrics, Pulmonary, ACUTE MYELOFIBROSIS, ALZHEIMER's symptoms, BREAST CANCER, DIABETES, HAIR LOSS AND HAIR TREATMENT, KIDNEY DISEASES, LEUKEMIA, MYELOID LEUKEMIA, STEM CELL TREATMENT 
 should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes and his medicine is legit.  I sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which  I took for 2 good weeks and today I am out here with a negative result. When I went for the test I was so happy after taking his herbal medication  I paid homage to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year.  you can reach him through  VIA E-mail   drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com or whatsapp number:+2348152855846 

Alan Curtis said...

Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my diabetes and my husband's erectile dysfunctions it's help us a lot and we thank Dr Itua very much on his good deeds to us so reason I have been writing about him on every blog I came across with for people with health issue can relate and get well with Dr Itua herbal medicines, Dr Itua can cure Hiv,Herpes,Als,Hepatitis,Cancer,Ms,Menstrual Pain,Parkinson and some other health problem human being can encounter.
Contact him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or visit his herbs store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. Thank you for your love and opened to sharing your knowledge with us all through this blog site. All my love,