Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Have To Post This Because I Love To Do It



As much as I am addicted to blogging, the best part about it is that I don’t get paid so there is no pressure to post anything. This has been a hectic week and I have had much time to sit down. However, like any good addict I had to find the time to post something anyway. I got to have my fix. I figure I can squeeze in a quick post while I try to find out what’s going on in North Korea from Google Earth. They are tripping over there. How did they go from testing a missile or two to threatening to wipe out America? It has to suck to live in a country where your leader is talking trash to lead you to war and you just have to sit there and accept it. At least in America we have the right to argue and protest before our leadership does what they want to do. I don't want to discuss that. I want to discuss the love of blogging for a minute.


I received this I (Heart) This Blog award from Citizen K. I would like to thank him and tell him the next time he gives out awards there needs to be other color options for the label. I’m thinking something in a royal blue maybe? You should go check out his page as well as Just For Songs. There’s a post on there about Teena Marie written by this dude from New Orleans that’s pretty good. One of the rules of receiving this award is you are supposed to recognize other blogs that you feel deserve it. One of the few things I don’t do well is highlight blogs that I actually read. This seems like a good chance to do it so I hereby extend this honor to….


The Book

Make sure you go through his archives if you have a chance.


K Lou


Kamm


Danomi


Yes, they are all bloggers in New Orleans. Yes, they are all black. Yes, I did that on purpose. I'm trying to build a bridge over the digital divide in my hood.


It’s been a busy week today and tomorrow will be worse. After it’s over I will be sitting on the porch with a glass of something brown. Stay in the air conditioning folks because its hot out there and the sun ain't playing.





3 comments:

Leigh C. said...

Mazel Tov on the award! And thanks for the links to those folks. At this rate, my blogroll will be pulling my monitor down towards the desk on the right side, but it's ALL good.

Susanna Powers said...

here's your slightly more masculine "I heart your blog" award, with apologies to the original designer and regards to Citizen K.
http://picasaweb.google.com/sspowers216/ReversedAward?feat=directlink

K. said...

The pink background wasn't my favorite part of the award, either.

Check out this link to the Technology Access Foundation. A former co-worker founded it here in Seattle. I keep telling her that post-Katrina NOLA is ripe for TAF.

Earlier this year, I volunteered for TAF at an elementary school. It gave me so much hope! The class was a genuine UN thing: African, African-American, Asian-American, Jewish, Latina, and Latino. Great kids, all sharp as a chef's knife, totally motivated, and they got along so well.

An extremely shy Asian-American boy and an outgoing Latino formed a really nice friendship. One of the Latinas and one of the African girls were the oldest kids in the class and were practically roving TAs besides getting their own work down. I know that I learned as much from them as they did from me.