Friday, May 12, 2006

To All My Mamas


I would like to take this time to wish all of the mamas everywhere a really happy and wonderful Mother’s Day. I especially want to give props to all the black mothers out there. The single parents, the big mamas and the ones that hold their families down through all the drama and still find a way to make us feel like kings and queens. I have been a lucky man during my lifetime. Besides my own mama who is totally dedicated to the happiness and well being of all her children, I have been lucky enough to have other women in my life that treated me like a son. It’s these women’s influence that has made me the man I am today. Where ever I go and whatever I do, I am always conscious of these ladies. I try my best to make sure that my actions make them proud even if they are not here to see it. I would like to acknowledge the following people.

To Tara: You always think I don’t acknowledge you. You are a great mother and lately have been forced to deal with everything on your own and not once did you complain. I will always love you for that.

To my mother Bernadine Harris: You are the greatest person I know hands down. There will never be another person that thinks I am as great as you do.

To my Grandmothers
Mildred Harris: I haven’t seen you since the storm and you have lost so much. I will never forget the times you told me how much you were proud of me for the man I am now.

Geraldine Louvier: Every single day I shed tears at least one time in your memory. I miss you so much and it causes me physical pain when I realize you are not coming back. I am still eating my spinach J

To my godmother Geraldine Baker: I will be there whenever you need me. I know sometimes I act like you are bothering me but as long as I am here you are not alone.

To my Aunties
Iola Butler: Rest in Peace to the woman who never raised her voice at me…..closest thing to a third grandmother

Anna Thomas : My favorite aunt and the one most like me

Auntie Nell: You helped me do all the things that kids in my neighborhood couldn’t do and I never had to ask. Thank you

Ozella Honore: Rest in Peace. I hope you were there to meet grandpa when he got there to keep him out of trouble.

Shirley Kelly: I am sorry I never came see you in that home. That’s one of my biggest regrets

To all of my play mamas

Mrs. Inez Washington
Ms. Lilly for watching my baby and treating her like your own
My high school counselor Ms. Martin
My cousin Darrolyn Fields
My cousin April Harris
Ms. Mary Williams
Ms. Maude Young
Ms. Claire Williams
Mrs. Patricia Roby
Mrs. Sandra Hartford

If you look into the lives of great men, there is usually a woman or women somewhere close making sure they stay on the right path.

Happy Mother’s Day

Clifton

No comments: