Friday, April 21, 2006

My Favorite Hip Hop Verse of All Time

Through the lights cameras and action, glamour glitters and gold
I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe
When I'm deceased, by then the beast arise like yeast
To conquer peace leaving savages to roam in the streets
Live on the run, police paying me to give in my gun
Trick my wisdom, with the system that imprisoned my son
Smoke a gold leaf I hold heat, nonchalantly
I'm grungy, but things I do is real it never haunts me
While, funny style niggaz roll in the pile
Rooster heads profile on a bus to riker's isle
Holdin weed inside they pussy with they minds on thePretty things in life,
props is a true thug's wife
It's like a cycle, niggaz come home, some'll go in
Do a bullet, come back, do the same shit again
From the womb to the tomb, presume the unpredictable
Guns salute life, rapidly, that's the ritual

Nas from Verbal Intercourse by Raekwon the Chef

1 comment:

POPS said...

son, i've read a couple of your posts, but I you just got permanently bookamrked on the strength of that. stay up.