Sunday, January 1, 2006

Blog outlook for 06....New Beginnings

Well '06 is here and it couldn't have come any sooner. I wish that just changing the calendar from one year to the next would solve all of life's problems but it doesn't work that way. As of January 1, 2006, I still haven't seen my family since August and September and my grandmother is still missing. I will not dwell on that too much in this blog anymore unless something real serious happens that warrants mentioning. Working through depression is a hard thing to do when you have allot of changes in your life. I am doing the best I can with it. I am not going to be so gloomy all the time. Maybe the way to move past certain things is to focus on some other things going on. I will try to do that and not be as angry as I really feel most of the time. I can't pretend that everything is great because it's not. I also can't act like the world is over either. What I am looking for this year is some balance between being totally pissed and feeling positive. With that being said, I would like to share a poem a good friend wrote for me that pretty much sums up how I feel inside. It's an original piece so give her credit if you happen to like it and share it. Thank You Margaret.




New Beginnings
by: Margaret Blair (written for Cliff at 12:25am, 1/1/06)

Water...
A symbol of life, fluency, progress,
our sustenance; for without it, we die...
a substance so vital, it bathed us
while yet in our mother's womb...
The very make up of our bodies,
it is a part of us
it cannot part from us...

Water...
A symbol of death, hardship, regression,
the enemy, the robber of dreams...
like a thief in the night, or rather,
like a very unwelcome visitor,
it came...
Came and overtook, overwhelmed,
with insurmountable force...

Force...
An invisible power that rests in your bosom,
that keeps your head above that which stole from you...
In your eyes it lives behind the mist,
and it pushes you, keeps you going,
moving, like the fierce current that betrayed you...
but the wind is shifting, the tide is changing,
the force is moving you into a new day.

Into new beginnings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, let me be the first to comment on your first blog for the new year. I think that you are definitely on the right track to inner recovery and restoration, which will lead to outward restoration. Step one is being honest with yourself, and I like how you have admitted that yes, you are still pissed, but yes you also know that you must be positive and find the correct balance. I'm so glad that I was moved to write the poem for you, and I was more glad that it spoke to what you were feeling inside. This truly WILL be a year of new beginnings for you dear, and as your friend I intend to share some of those victories with you. God bless.
Margaret