Monday, May 4, 2009

An Official Sign That It's Hot Outside


The New Orleans summer has officially begun as right now we are in the middle of our first termite attack. This is a good one too. I'm sitting in my room with all the lights off like I forgot to pay the bill. When cars drive through it looks like a big cloud of bugs sitting in the street. They are in your clothes, in your face and if you keep your mouth open too long you might eat one or two. You usually don’t see one this good until Mother’s Day. I always thought the termites had it marked on their calendar because they always come out that Sunday.


The list of things flood water can not get rid of now includes the following


  1. Termites
  2. A high murder rate
  3. Pine Trees
  4. Second lines
  5. Cats
  6. Squirrels
  7. Civic Pride
  8. Crazy People
  9. Our natural style and swagger
  10. Politicians not working together

Everything else is still up in the air.

2 comments:

Bayou Belle said...

Hi Cliff!
We are getting them over my way - ya know - on the other side of the lake too!

Heard from former Southshorer about those peskie bugs and she thinks they have followed her north!

Red said...

OMG!! My house is FILLED with them!!! I left the patio doors open for my cat to play outside and came home to a forest-like environment, bugs galore. ugh! I'd prefer a second line in my living room, if you ask me...