Tuesday, March 8, 2005

What do You Believe?

I must admit I stole this idea after reading Scoop Jackson's article on ESPN.com. I thought I could knock out the same column in about 30 minutes. Scoop may be reading this one day and decide to give me a job at Slam Magazine. Even if he doesn't this should be fun. Last week I asked the questions to what I didn't know. Today, I am going to tell you what I believe......

I believe that Gabrielle Ellyse Harris is the cutest baby born since June 11, 1974.

I believe she has good parents.

I believe I have great parents.

I believe that Oddly Perfect may be the third best blog ever created.

I believe the first two best both write on Oddly Perfect.

I believe in sparing the rod and spoiling the child.

I believe that getting hated on by your own race is worst than getting hated on by another.

I believe that Michelle knows more about basketball than any man and I will bet on it.

I believe that Kobe is guilty in some way but was lucky the girl had a questionable history.

I believe that if she would have been a virgin he would still be locked up in Colorado.

I believe Michael Jackson is crazy.

I believe he was born that way and it's not Joe's fault.

I believe he should go to jail for being that close to little boys even if he didn't touch them.

I believe that deep down George Bush wanted to get Saddam for messing with his daddy.

I believe I would have done the same thing.

I believe ego and Haliburton are keeping us there now.

I believe Tupac is in Cuba.

I believe 50 cent can't rap.

I believe Nelly can't either.

I believed that Bizarre Ride to the Pharcyde should be considered a top five all time album of any genre.

I believe that if it was about the skills, Rah Digga, Freddie Foxx and the Freestyle Fellowship would all be platinum.

I believe Suge Knight set up Biggie and Pac.

I believe Puff Daddy knows it.

I believe Jamie Foxx deserved the Oscar.

I believe Halle Berry didn't.

I believe Magic was better than Jordan.

I believe that Isiah was better than Bird.

I believe Hakeem was better than Shaq.

I believe Lebron can be better than all of them as soon as he gets obsessed with winning.

I believe that Allen Iverson should be a role model for young brothers because of how he has matured.

I believe that the lord made professional sports as a way for some black people to escape and these million dollar brothers need to start acting like it.

I believe that if it wasn't for the mainstream media influence, Jill Scott would be considered the most beautiful woman on the planet.

I believe Angie Stone would be second.

I believe that Jesse Jackson, Bill Cosby, Darryl Brister, and any other prominent black man who has been unfaithful to his wife should step out of the public eye.

I believe their existence as public figures validates our image of having no control over our carnal desires.

I believe the fact that sisters defend famous men while persecuting normal brothers shows their own hypocrisy.

I believe one of the hardest things in the world is for two black people to look each other in the eye and say I love you.

I believe that there is no excuse for the best and worst school districts (Orleans and St. Tammany) to be right next to one another.

I believe that it's no coincidence that one is predominately black and the other predominately white.

I believe no one is surprised that the predominately black one (New Orleans) is the worst.

I believe that as you get older you can still be pro black but have to expand and meet people from all races and walks of life to make yourself well rounded.

I believe that doing this doesn't give you an excuse to forget the past.

I believe the past and the present are the same circumstances just under new disguises in the present.

I believe that 100 old white men get together every month and make every major decision in this country.

I believe that most of the people who read this will find that last one believable.

I believe you should never get a job or scholarship just because of your race.

I believe when you don't get it, it's difficult to tell if that was the reason or not.

I believe black people put too much emphasis on clothes and cars.

I believe that as soon as I get some money, gator shoes and a Jaguar convertible will be purchased.

I believed I am tortured because I have the clairvoyance to see what's happening but the ghetto state of mind to still let it happen at the same time.

I believe Tupac had this same problem and that's why I understood him.

I believe that last observation scared me.

I believe there could have been more but I am out of time.

I believe it's time for me to get off from work and post this foolishness.

I believe that I am forever................Clifton Joseph Harris III

No comments: