Monday, March 7, 2005

Happy Feelings

You can tell when I have about an hour to kill at work and nothing else to do. I am trying to stay in a good mood. I am sitting here listening to Happy Feelings by Maze ft. Frankie Beverly. How about I list what might be the top ten happiest moments of my life so far (non sexual, non party, and non drinking). These are in no order and will probably be changed over the course of the evening except for number one. I don't have the dates for everything.

1. October 30, 2003- This is the day Gabrielle Ellyse Harris was born. I can't remember how it was for her not to be here. I can't wait to understand everything she is trying to say. She is going to be as intelligent as me without the short attention span.
2. June 1, 1992- This was the day I graduated from high school. Looking back on it, I was really the man in high school. That's where I perfected my art of charming people.
3. The Day my Mama graduated from College- At the age of 51 no less. I can't type too much about this one at work because I might start to cry.
4. September 20, 1999 - Mom and Dad's 30 year anniversary. This is the day they renewed their vows. Just a great day all around and nobody left without having fun.
5. January 2001-........HAKIM DROPS THE BALL! HAKIM DROPS THE BALL! BRIAN MILNE RECOVERS AND THE SAINT WIN!!
6. February 1994 - This is when I bought the greatest car of all times. My 1983 Chevy Malibu. I love you baby. That's enough of this one. I am getting emotional again.
7. June 11, 1999 - My 25th birthday surprise party. A whole surprise party just for me. I was actually surpised and had no idea.
8. February 3, Feburary 16, February 23 and March 3 - This is the birthdays of all my siblings. Since I am the oldest I can list all of these days because I was here. I wasn't here for mom and dad so the actual day gets excluded. I'm glad it happened though so mama don't get mad at me.
9. September 9, 1992 - This was the day I started my first full time job as an adult.........Maybe this should have been on the worst day list LOL
10. Blank

It's hard to crack the top ten and after the nine I just mentioned, I had a hard time coming up with a tenth. I have hundreds of good times but these are the ones that stood out to me. I excluded stuff from childhood because I was always happy and would have needed 100 spots for all those years. So, that's what I came up with off the top of my head. Now I am going back to my boring job and look out the window at this dark sky and depressing rain.

No comments: