Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sitting On My Porch Part Twenty Seven

You know I was thinking..... if it wouldn't have taken me a whole year of blogging to figure out how to be creative I could have just named the whole blog Sitting on My Porch. It really fits the whole vibe. This is another example why spending your 20's getting tipsy doesn't pay. All the young folks reading this please here my cry......Booze makes you slow. After all the dancing, fun, laughs, memories, and courage to ask any girl for a date when she is feeling really good too, what do you really have to show for it? I just made myself want to be 22 again for a weekend.


On Thursday I will be 35 years old. To me 35 is the age where you start crossing the line into full adult status. You know that saying “you are as old as you feel”? Well, between 2004 and 2007 I felt about 75 years old because of stress. I still had my handsome and youthful appearance but inside I felt worn down. I’m happy to say I don’t feel that way anymore. I don’t feel too young but I don’t feel old either. I think I am right about where I should be. Even when things in the news try to get to me I maintain. I guess I feel battle tested or something. Usually around my birthday I write a whole bunch of self glorifying posts about myself. It’s my time to display my inner Ric Flair. Some of my friends might say I do this all the time and just don’t admit it. Either way I won’t be doing all of that this year. Instead, since this is my blog and I can do what I want, I will let Ric do it for me. I and my friends went to this show in the Superdome after watching this. Whoooo!


Let’s move on to other things....


I have been trying to calculate how much of my Chevy truck note balance I shouldn’t have to pay since I own a portion of GM. They ought to give us something for buying their product before the ship was sinking especially since they knew it was sinking behind the scenes.


Chrysler is being purchased by Fiat. Has anyone outside of Rome ever bought a Fiat?


Is my mayor still in China? I think someone is staging this whole thing to make New Orleans look crazier than we do already. I guess if the mayor is potentially sick he should stay there for a few more days. His reputation is bad enough without adding quarantining city government added to it. Even Ray doesn't deserve the swine flu.


William Jefferson’s trial started this week. Everyone in the city should watch this closely because if he is acquitted the next election will be a free for all of racial politics and the selective prosecution card will be played on Jim Letten daily.


Nike should have had a backup for the Kobe and Lebron puppet commercials in case one of them lost. They should have at least had some Kobe only puppets where Lebron got kicked out of the apartment or something.


I want to give a shot out to Leigh and her husband after seeing them at the WYES Beer Tasting on Saturday evening. The fact I can remember our conversation means that I have learned to drink in moderation. I don’t care what anyone says, you can’t beat the bagpipe band closing out a beer drinking event. There is a beer called Brooklyn Local 1 that was so good I thought about moving to New York in the hopes that they pass this out to the citizens. It was my clear blue ribbon selection for the evening.

3 comments:

Leigh C. said...

We never ventured out to the brewery when we lived in NYC. Here's to going there with you sometime. Happy early birthday!

K. said...

Cliff, I'd like to be 35 again!

Julie G said...

Happy Birthday. I love your blog.