Tuesday, November 9, 2004

Return of the Soul Brother

Last week I did not have the focus to write anything but I am not back with a vengence. I listened to James Brown on the way into work this morning and I am ready to go. I am going to try and post to my blog more since I found out that people are actually reading this stuff. The first thing I have to do is cover everything I failed to write about for th past week. Then I can move on........


  • I have to start off by saying that I will really miss my godfather Leroy Baker Sr. He was a simple man who believed in hard work and taking care of his family. Following these principles can make for a rewarding life in the end. Let's move on.
  • The coffee addiction is getting better for me. I'm down to three cups a day. That's a big turn around from 10 to 3. Caffeine is like crack!
  • I saw Barak Obama on Meet the Press Sunday and I can honestly say that I have never felt so confident in a black politican's ability to run for president someday. This man has stature, charisma, and confidence without appearing threatning to anybody. I was very proud to hear him speak. He also sounds like a practical thinker who can relate to issues from the right and the left. He might not be ready for 2008, but if the Democrats have any chance to regain some of the moderates who have been voting Republican lately Obama needs to be a huge voice in the party.
  • There is a new drug that helps black patients with heart disease. I think this is great since it seems every black person has someone in their family with heart disease or high blood pressure. The only issue now is how much is this stuff going to cost and will Medicade pay for it. If not, it's a big tease for allot of people.
  • The Hornets are 0-3. The Saints lost 43-17 Sunday. I am not going to make any comments about my teams because I'm trying to be positive and I can't think of anything good to say.
  • Queen Latifah's rendition of Simply Beautiful is simply great. She even got Al Green to help out and sing background. This sister is talented. I never thought of her as sexy before this song. Now I want to give her my phone number. She gets number one song status for a few weeks followed by Jill Scott's Whatever Whenever and Drop it Like It's Hot by Snoop. Snooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop! That is the jam.
  • Finally, I was at the drugstore Sunday and I have to get this off of my chest. Until black people get some respect for women and the elderly again and stop all that disrespectful behavior, it doesn't matter who the damn president is. We will never progress. I don't care if Martin and Malcolm came back and ran on the same ticket. It wouldn't make a difference. We have to have respect for each other especially for the women because they have to carry our futures in their womb and the elderly because they have already paid the dues to be respected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice. grear reading a blog on event ticket I like this blog here too event ticket