Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's December Already

It’s December already. I don’t know where this year went. It seems like only yesterday I was firing up the grill to get ready for the Superbowl and now I am hanging up Christmas lights. There’s a saying that time flies fast when you are having fun. I don’t know if I had that much fun but I guess it wasn’t so bad. I guess if I was really having fun it would be 2012 already. With a month left in the year I really don’t know what to make of it. It seems like we have the same amount of issues to work on. I can’t say anything this year changed so drastically that 2011 gets me that excited. I thought we were turning the corner on the violence thing and the last month has shown me that things are the same as they have been. I think we can say that about a lot of things. It just doesn’t feel like December. Maybe it’s because I put up decorations in shorts and a wife beater yesterday. I have always found it hard to get in the holiday spirit when you are running the air conditioning.

Right now I am relaxing after eating a breakfast fit for a king. I had four eggs, CDM coffee and a leftover Popeye’s biscuit to pick up the leftover egg yokes. I can feel the jealousy through the screen. I’m getting ready to watch the Saints play a underachieving Cincinnati Bengal team who will probably be looking at this game like their last chance to make a statement. We’ll see how we do with the cold weather. That’s all I am saying about that though because I haven’t made a Saints post since the winning streak started. I don’t want to jinx anything. I’m not talking about the Saints until the streak is over which hopefully means that you won’t hear about them until February.

Maybe after the game I’ll go to the store and see how I can contribute to the economy by spending money on Christmas gifts and other stuff I don’t really need. They just showed one of those dumb Lexus commercials where the people say corny things and somehow managed to buy a Lexus for their spouse without anyone asking how much the damn note was going to be. The people in these commercials must be in those brackets that need their tax cuts extended so they can give everyone a job. They can’t be doing too badly if they are buying Lexus for Christmas like it’s no big deal.

Anyway, the game is about to start and I need to put on my lucky shirt.

No comments: