Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Server's Down At Work Today

This post is named the way it is because I didn’t intend to write it. The server crashed at work today. I have internet but everything else is unavailable. I needed to do something to keep from falling asleep………

It’s a beautiful day outside today. New Orleans has been on a winning streak as far as weather is concerned. I decided to take a ride at lunch with my window down and enjoy the breeze. It was reporting time at work so I have been locked in this office all day plus taking work home to try and get everything looking good. I’m still fine tuning the process so we won’t have to do that all the time. This instance has been better than the previous ones so I got a chance to take it easier. The kids have fall break from school right now so I took a long way to work this morning. I have been taking the stairs in the morning and usually I am here before everyone so if I need to pause between floors or give up and catch the elevator before my floor no one knows. Because I was later this morning I ended up taking the stairs with our CEO. Now, she takes the stairs everyday and weighs 100 pounds soaking wet. Now I had to walk and talk with her and try not to throw up while my chest explodes. I survived but it took me 20 minutes to recover. I’m encouraged by that because it would usually take an hour. I’m winning.

Yesterday I went on a field trip to the library. Those are always an adventure. There was another dad chaperoning with me from the other class that went on the trip. I thought that was real cool even though he didn’t help me carry that heavy ass cooler full of milks for lunch. Hopefully someone is fixing this man a big dinner or big breakfast. I was thinking this morning about how black people have this belief that you shouldn’t give praise and attention to men for things they are supposed to do like taking care of their kids and not going to jail. It might be time to change that because one of the problems we have with violence and crime is the fact that we have too many people in our community frustrated with living a regular life. If everyone is obsessed with getting their shine on we are never going to be able to deal with the issue properly because we have a long way to go before we can expect entire neighborhoods to make six figure salaries. These kids are very perceptive just like we were as youngsters. They know you can’t get a lot more attention being Sport T the downtown gangster instead of Terrance the dude that paints houses. We have to start showing some love to these regular everyday heroes so these little boys can learn that responsibility is sexy.

I have a real good Saints post to write later. I might sit outside and write it later while I smoke a nice cigar from Mayan Imports and enjoy the lack of humidity. I’m one of those people that have a favorite for everything but I will always try something different especially if I am being cheap and something is on sale. I tried some unknown brand of cigars the other day just because they were being discontinued and were on sale. It took Listerine, Scope, Colgate and Crest to get the taste out of my mouth. There’s a reason why things get discontinued.

I think it’s time to go home……

And I am feeling this song………

TheSeKondElement – Closer Pt. 2

2 comments:

TheSeKondElement [KAMMs] said...

HEY CLIFF! THANKS FOR THE LOVE. NO IDEA HOW YOU STUMBLED UPON MY MUSIC BUT I'M HAPPY TO HEAR YOU'RE ENJOYING IT! :O)

--T2E

Clifton said...

Hey Kamms..
This is not the first song of yours I have heard. I'm getting old but I still try to keep my hip hop fresh.