Thursday, November 19, 2009

Does He Have Your Beeping Attention Now!

Lately I have had the opportunity to display just how accurate some of my opinions have been. A few weeks ago I was trying to be funny and wrote the following paragraph while I was sitting on my porch.

Meanwhile James Perry is running and can’t get any media attention at all. He even tried filing an injunction against the mayor’s office and no one really cared. I have an idea for him out of the conservative talk show playbook. He needs to hold a press conference and accuse the local media of not covering his campaign because he’s white. That kind of stunt may confuse his family and friends as well as everyone in the city that knows him but I bet you people will want to know who he is after that. We live in an era of media stunts and twisted information so James might as well use it to his advantage.


I was kidding around about that but I did feel he needed to do something to get his name out there because it didn’t appear that the major players in the local media was giving him any real attention or taking his campaign seriously. Someone in his campaign saw this too and came up with this commercial. I’m not sure if it is mayoral quality but it is definitely entertaining. I have watched it over and over and it’s not getting old. This commercial is either going to make James a running joke (I may have left out the Eagle Scout line) or get enough people paying attention that he can explain what his plans are. Either way I think no one should accuse him of not being real about the attitudes of the public because this is just what people are thinking….”Are you sh@ting me?”

It got off to a slow start but the mayor’s race is about to get entertaining.

3 comments:

Loye said...

As much as I seem to like him, he comes across as the Dennis Kucinich of the campaign -- he is the best candidate with the best solutions to the the problems -- but clearly has no chance of getting elected.

Pistolette said...

Ha! He totally has my attention.

Neecha said...

I wish they would let me vote absentee although I won't live their again. I believe he can make those changes because he's from where I'm from...