First let’s go over the positives after today’s game….
- 9-0 is sweet no matter what. At the least we won’t have a losing season.
- Any long time Saint’s fan hates the Rams so anytime we beat them it is special.
- Reggie Bush has finally awakened and could finally start making me look like a football genius. He should have gotten the ball more late in the game.
- Will Smith has come to play this year.
- Every week we seem to be getting a big play from a different person. Today it was Courtney Roby and his kickoff return for a touchdown.
Now let’s go over some things that concern me….
- We have too many injuries to the secondary. They missed Darren Sharper. I think Tracey Porter is going to be out awhile. We can’t make it for the long haul without him and Jabari Greer. If Porter is out for the season we can only hope that Randall Gay doesn’t have another game like that.
- Something is wrong with Drew Brees. He hasn’t really been on target since the Giants game.
- The offense made the game today way more difficult than it needed to be. Twice they could have gotten a first down and couldn’t get it down.
Sometimes you have to take an ugly win. It was the fourth game in the row that it looked like the team was sleep walking through the first quarter. I think they are developing a bad habit here and they need to stop it soon. Nevertheless I will take the win because at the end of the year no one remembers that a team was close to you. All that matters is that you win. Let’s try to make it past Tampa Bay without losing anymore players. Hopefully we can get a few back before the big bad Patriots hit town on Monday Night.
Steven Jackson is a beast!