Sunday, May 20, 2007

Back in the Game

First of all I want to apologize to anyone that may have been offended by my vulgar language in my last blog. Secondly I want to say to anyone that read it and took the words personally that I meant every word. The vacation is over and I feel much better. I guess this will last until the end of May. I learned a few things from taking a week off.
  • I don’t put enough emphasis on sleep during the week.
  • My personal life is very boring and I need new friends.
  • The Covenant for Black America is a great read.
  • Gas is too high to drive without a worthy destination.
  • If every reality T.V. show makes Laila Ali a contestant I am watching.

Now, I am back to the grind. Judging by the dozen voicemails on my phone that I ignored it should be a very hectic week. I guess that’s what I have to do until I win this Powerball. My only regret over the last week is not taking the chance to post a blog about Jerry Falwell (If you were one of his followers you should be happy he’s passed away. He’s going right to the cloud next to the creator.)

I would like to thank my director for letting me take a week off without any warning.

I am also sending a shot out to E.J. who might need to take him a mental break too.

Congratulations to my ex-road dog Christy and her husband on their new baby. It’s about damn time.

Hey Laila, if you happen to read this and want to come to New Orleans to help rebuild something, I am willing to learn the waltz and already know how to do the Josephine Johnny and the Bus Stop. Let me know a few days ahead of time so I can make sure I shine my good shoes.

2 comments:

mominem said...

Welcome Back.

I like the new look.

Bliss said...

Okay, I know I'm late with tha comment... But since this is the post that said your personal life is boring and you need new friends, I'm commenting here. And guess how I found you? I had a friend named Clifton Harris back in tha day. And it just so happens that today (June 14) is his birthday. I happened to remember that as I was blogging and so decided to Goole him. You're the first Clifton Harris I found. But your listed age is several years too young to be MY Cliff. On the otha hand, I know folks lie 'bout they ages on they blogs. LOL Any way, who are you Clifton Harris? Meet me 'round the corner so we can check each otha out. Cool? '-)